Friday, March 16, 2012

Flowers for Diego

My cousin Bob lives in the Bay Area and he does love flowers.  He has sent me some lovely pics of floral arrangements from the Bouquets to Art Exhibit and the deYoung Museum in Golden Gate Park, which I would like to share.  


Bouquets at the deYoung's Exhibition
This show is "the glorious annual floral exhibition and fundraiser" in which floral designers create tributes to the museum's collection and display them as compliments to the museum's fine collection.  My favorite is the tribute to Diego Rivera's works that calls to mind his paintings of flower markets, and thus expand the viewer's horizon, referring to other well known works of this monumental Mexican genius.

Isn't it a very beautiful and subtle tribute?  The shape and color of the arrangements evoke so much more than is actually in the room.  Definitely glorious!
Another work by Diego Rivera

1 comment:

  1. How I adore Diego Rivera. And what a beautiful display with the flowers! I live near this, but haven't been - hoping I can. Thanks for posting these lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete