Thursday, June 20, 2013

Whatta Mess

The problem of working with found objects, etc., is that you generate chaos before it comes together properly.  Which is ok if you don't mind spending a good bit of time sorting through it and getting organized again.  I. Don't. Like. Sorting. At. All.

But the chaos interferes with my thinking.  And now my studio space is so messed up I can't bear it another day.


I sorted the beads & stuff on my work bench into muffin tins in preparation for sorting them back into storage containers.  This has been going on all week.  It would be easier just to pitch it all and start over again, but I am convinced bad luck will land on me if I throw beads away, even seed beads.  You would think a person that compulsive would enjoy sorting beads, but no.

It's so bad Abbie can't look at it, either.



I have a tiny work space made much tinier by the current mess.  One of these days I'll be organized and I can start on a new mess.

2 comments:

  1. ...Oh girl, I so feel your pain. Right now, and for quite some time, my poor sewing room upstairs has been a d-i-s-a-s-t-e-r. Try as I might I just can't sew or create when surrounded by chaos.

    ...I think seeing you getting organized may be just the inspiration I need - thank you for that! :o)

    ...Have a lovely evening!

    ...Peace & blessings. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here, I've been trying to sort my stash for an age now. I have a mental map of where stuff is but to get it I have to keep moving boxes around...and that's such bad feng shui. I'm telling you your space is really tidy!

    ReplyDelete