Saturday, October 13, 2012

Fold Forming Coming Soon


Things are getting noisy around here pretty soon.  Almost done with the clean up-put up (ugh) in my studio (get serious, it's the teeny third bedroom in a townhouse condo).  Abbie is not so fat as this unflattering pic would make her seem, it's the focus and her short legs (so the woolies can't clock her when she herds them, that's why; the hooves just past over a corgi's head).  Clearing a little space for the dreaded, scary map gas rig so I can do some torch fired enamel, on fold formed copper.  Or maybe just a little kiln instead, but I do love the bumpy, bubbly, rustic look of torch fired enamel.  Progress reports will be forthcoming; or at least that's my plan.  It will require constructing a 3 sided fire proof cubicle for safety, so there's some time involved in this project, most of it procrastination, as I get up the gumption for construction.  I also have a few experimental samples somewhere in the bottom of the pile that I may retrieve and photograph.

1 comment:

  1. Abbie's a great studio mascot! I also have a short legged studio companion in much the same
    fuzzy bed.

    Can't wait to see photos of your torch fired enamels. And how generous of you to share progress
    reports. Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete